Oisin O’Connor forwarded an interesting vacancy on to me via email thinking that I might know someone that would be interested and qualified for this position.
Rather than just contacting those people that I deemed qualified I decided to put the full vacancy up here. Contact details will be at the end of the post:
Title: Managing Director for Leading Digital Media Technology Company
Managing Director for a Digital Media Technology Company in Limerick, Ireland
DavenportMajor Executive Search has been retained to recruit the Managing Director, DTS Licensing Limited (DLL), for DTS, Inc. (www.dts.com).
DTS, Inc. (NASDAQ: DTSI) is a digital technology company dedicated to delivering the ultimate entertainment experience. DTS decoders are in virtually every major brand of 5.1-channel surround processor, and there are hundreds of millions of DTS-licensed consumer electronics products available worldwide. A pioneer in multi-channel audio, DTS technology is in home theatre, car audio, PC and game console products, as well as DVD-Video, HD DVD, Blu-ray Disc and Surround Music software. Founded in 1993, DTS is headquartered in Agoura Hills, California and has offices in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan and China.
Located in Ireland and reporting to the Senior Vice President and General Manager, Consumer Division, this is a prestigious position requiring a minimum of fifteen years of proven and progressively responsible experience in a global company within the Mobile Consumer Market: Digital Media, Wireless Communications, Broadband Infrastructure, Consumer Electronics, IT, PC or Automotive industry segment. This individual will be responsible for worldwide licensing processes, agreements and administration as well as the Managing Director functions for all European operations. Their depth of experience will include:
• Progressively increased responsibility in the areas of Product Management, Strategic Marketing or Business Development. Prior Intellectual Property Licensing experience is a significant plus
• Prior experience as a Managing Director or General Manager in Europe is preferred. Experience working for a U.S. multi-national company is required.
• Ability to leverage technical background and strategic marketing skills for successful client relationships.
• Experience in P&L management.
• Exceptional financial analysis and analytical skills.
• In-depth knowledge of licensing programs and processes with an understanding of “ingredient” technology and how it is licensed.
• Experience working internationally.
• BS Engineering, or equivalent
Any suggestions of strong potential candidates will be appreciated and all referrals held in strict confidence. We feel this will be a tremendous opportunity for the right individual. Thank you very much for your help.